Originally Posted by Mafia101
Lip service or not it doesn't matter and someone who wasn't a member and very vindictive said it didn't matter anymore. Not a very credible source so it isn't cherry picking and how many times have we've heard from non members that being made meant nothing anymore? I think we could find sources from going back to 1970s of that and every time we later find out by people who were actually made that it meant everything in that life. If anything that just proves my point more that we don't know what's going on with the current guys who run things.

To say Scoppa isn't credible, isn't credible. Anything the authors couldn't verify, they didn't publish. Everything they could find verified sources for, they provided in triplicate, from what I remember...
It's like I like the Cicale book. I think some stuff true, other stuff silly. This guy presents Vito like he's completely under Massinos thumb, and yet this same guy thinks the Bronx more remote than Montreal to a Brooklyn guy ( he described the Bronx being like a foreign planet, in comparison to Montreal being an ACTUAL foreign city in another country..) he recently called Lilo " Carmine Gigante" on his podcast. Does this insanity invalidate everything he's said? No, but I don't just buy everything either. Thst goes for Scoppa too...

Bro... have you seen the last, I dunno... 5 or 6 assessments of the OC landscape up there? Rhetorical question, I'm not tryna troll you. Bonnanos haven't been mentioned in at least 2 or 3 years. This is part of what baffles me about current conversations about it. After Morena....Just tell me the Bonnanos man in Montreal and I'll leave it alone...

That thing with Buffalo I believe was them realizing they essentially allowed their Montreal asset to first decay and atrophy, then abdicated control to the Rizzutos who saw themselves more as Sicilian mafia than American LCN. And NY only ever cared about Montreal so far as the drugs were coming, and even THAT was primarily the Sicilian contingent. After the Pizza Connection bust wiped out the NY Bonnano Sicilians, did any Americans step in?

It's very telling to me the Bonnanos picked cocaine to move into when they took the first steps toward maybe rebuilding if not their regime, at least repairing their influence up there. Why not gambling? Why not the Construction? Because I don't believe they had the pressence to move into those activities. They don't have the active members, the muscle...