They're recognized as another criminal organization just as bikers or Albanian or whoever but they are not recognized as Amico Nostra. That's completely different than recognizing another LCN Family. Rochester operated as a LCN Family but they didn't have recognition by the Commission and other Families. To them they were just Italian criminals. The Commission never acted as a governing body for all Mafia groups in North America it was only for LCN Families. The Commission is still said to be around John Pennisi has talked about it and Project Otremens had recorded conversations of Dom Violi talking about it and how they invited Joe Todaro to be apart of it.

What help were the Bonanno Family suppose to give? They're not shipping guys out to fight some war. Them giving Sal Montagna the authority to go to Montreal and try to reorganize the crew could of been all it was.

Vito Rizzuto has only ever been recognized as a Bonanno Soldier or maybe a Bonanno Acting Captain. In 2012 when he met with alleged Bonanno and Gambino members presumably that's still what he was recognized as. I never said he met with Toronto based Bonanno and Gambino members.

What does the Hells Angels street gang and Mafia alliance have to do with anything that we're talking about? I never said Vito Rizzuto was recognized as a Boss when he got out of prison. What are you even talking about? I never said no one recognized their strength or power I actually said the exact opposite of that. You're having trouble understanding what being recognized by LCN means.

What do you mean why haven't the Bonanno or Gambinos or Ndrangheta pushed them put and take over Montreal for themselves? I could ask why have the Bonanno or Gambino or Ndrangheta gone to any place and take over the rackets. What kind of question is that?

I completely agree with everyone you said in that last little bit. There's no proof the Violi brothers have had anything to do with anything that happened in Montreal except for some meetings that took place with Sal Montagna. The Mafia in Italy and Toronto that was said to have backed Sal and Andrea Scoppa is unknown. Vittorio Mirarchi has been called a member of the Ndrangheta but there has been no proof of it. Glad we finally agree on something here.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/07/23 05:20 PM.