Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Things were always done differently in Canada.
Even the Buffalo crews were not structured as traditional LCN, crews.

Going back to Massino sending Vitale to find out how many made men they have.
So they were a crew of the Bonanno’a that had authority to induct new members, order murders with out the bosses approval.

That’s not TRADITIONAL.

So I think it safe to say there were never any traditional LCN crews in Canada, from the beginning.

Sammy the Bull is really dumb.

He def was never someone that knew much about the historical origins of LCN in America let alone abroad. He doesn’t know a lot about a lot things LCN, so I would not point to that as anything.

Just listen to his podcast and the way he tells stories you will see what I mean.
That does not take away from the fact that his time on the street he was a stone killer and he yielded a lot of power and influence.

He just was never groomed to be in the admin, he stepped into the position we all know how and why.

Joe Massino didn't send Sal Vitale up there to find out how many guys they had.

That's not true. What isn't traditional about the crews in Montreal and the Hamilton area? They were a group of Mafia Associates and Members ran by a Mafia Captain. Where did you read Montreal could order their own murders? Gerlando Sciascia asked permission to kill Giuseppe LoPresti even though Sal Vitale and Anthony Spero got the impression it already happened. What inductions did they hold on their own? A remote crew being allowed to see to their own affairs to a certain extent isn't non traditional either. Anthony Arilotta talks about of Al Bruno being like the Boss of Springfield but they were still a Genovese crew.

You guys are making stuff out of nothing.