Originally Posted by mike89
I brought this up years ago asking if the Rizzuto's were actually LCN....I remember when Gravano mentioned on his podcast that there's no Montreal family and everyone went bananas.

Well maybe he's not that daft, no induction, no structure, its just loose as fuck and everyone seems to be doing their own thing.

Maybe they kept some traditional structure around 2004, but that seems to be long gone.

In 2004 they were apart of the Bonanno Family still.

Originally Posted by Blackmobs
When I first read this point a view if the Rizzuto were a mafia on the other post, I was like Mafia101 is bugging.
But when you think more and more about it, he could be on something, and he could be right.
Before the Violi’s they were part of the Bonanno, and were part of Cosa Nostra.
But after …. We really don’t know if the Rizzuto’s are official Cosa Nostra or simply an Italian organized crime group….
The media called them Mafia…but I think its really people who are active in the lifestyle that could answer.

In 2023, is Leonardo is a made guy ? And are is guys part of Cosa Nostra ? Or are they just wealthy italian gangsters ?

I like this post, and can wait to read all of youre answers…

Because the question is really a good one

I'm not on to something I am right. I'm being a bit of a dick about this but it's because from at least the 1950s when Carmine Galante arrived all the way to the 2000s with Vito Rizzuto they were apart of the Bonanno Family without question.

Anyone arguing that they weren't have a couple extra chromosomes and don't know what they're talking about. But I do invite any of them to present their case.

Whatever the fuck Leonardo Rizzuto Stefano Sollecito and all the others are running now is a mystery to what they actually are. Anyone saying anything else is making shit up.

Originally Posted by Giacalone
There's no mafia family in Montreal, but there are groups that have leaders and some of those leaders are members of known organizations.

Who exactly are you referring to and what organizations?