Originally Posted by majicrat
I'm not convinced they knew, I suspect he told mazza that to save face and act like he and his father knew. No way he doesn't get whacked on Carmines orders if her knew it. NO WAY

Maybe it’s a situation where you would have to be around it to understand it.

Nobody knew for sure.

Whenever there was someone in the street that put in ALOT OF WORK, for a long time and they never did a serious BID, after a while the rumor mill starts chirping.

Hey “THE GRIM REAPER” has atleast 10 bodies, his crew is huge they are running around beating people down, selling drugs out in the open, shaking down bookmakers etc…. All these other Captains are under indictment, in jail, facing 100 years. Scarpa NOTHING, he got pinched and was out in a year.

The streets start talking….

Then you find out he just whacked someone else and the whole neighborhood knows it was Scarpa or his crew that he is responsible, This is where you become conflicted and it’s like no way Scarpa is a RAT, he just whacked, so and so….. NO WAY the feds are giving him a s deal, they cannot.

Then it gets around that Greg found out someone was calling him a rat and that he invited that individual to his club and killed him on the spot.

He again can’t be a RAT, just too much violence and/or the cases he is making will not stick.

Couple years go by more indictments and Scarpa is still as free as a bird.

Now some through all that remain convinced that he was a RAT.
Some through all of that remain convinced that he was NOT a RAT.

Nobody was sure, as per the rules of the street especially back then if you don’t have paperwork showing proof that the person is in fact a RAT, the person that is being accused could win at a sit down and possibly get permission to kill you.

Or in Scarpa’s case just KILL YOU…
As he did before.

With all that being said there were plenty of people coming out saying “I KNEW IT” the whole time, I knew he was a RAT… (Hindsight is always 20/20) Or (Monday Morning Quaterback).

What that meant for most was that they felt that something was not right, and now they have validation, so the I knew its, we’re more so from that perspective, than in the literal sense.

It wasn’t that he knew it 100% and decided to look the other way.

He like most felt something was off however, no paperwork so no proof, the envelopes keep coming, and he keeps killing people, and the people that he is killing are my enemies.

Larry Mazza, that was his excuse for flipping supposedly that once Persico had that conversation with him he was so upset that he decided flip.

That’s a big CROCK OF SHIT…

Last edited by BensonHURST; 04/02/23 03:17 AM.