Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@NYMafia

Im going with Ettore Coco; His longevity was unmatched in the family; Guy was a captain; part of the administration (I believe) in the 60’s…

He was a candidate for boss of the family after Carmine Tramunti got “busted”

He operated in the family in the 1970’s as a old-man; Didn’t he have operations in Florida???

He served as “Acting Consigliere” when Corallo; Santoro and Chris Furnari was on trial in the 1980’s….

Guy made a lot of money… and have seen a lot in his long tenure in the family…

Didn’t Amuso and Casso make him retire right before he died in the early 90’s??

I think he's a very respectable choice ZV....Lets see who else has an opinion on this question, and then I'll throw my two-cents in for what its worth, ok? lol.

I think Coco isn't really the best choice here, since he spent too much time in jail, of which 10 years were for a rather stupid murder which wasn't even mafia-related (argument over the payment for a car wash or something like that). I agree he was powerful, but if we consider avoiding prison as an important factor for a successful mafioso, then imo Coco doesn't competely qualify...

You make an extremely valid point Dwalin, and I tend to agree with you on that. Its NOT only wealth and power, but also your freedom and quality of life that counts. To be the most powerful and wealthy guy in the cemetery or behind bars, doesn't quite cut it for me.