Originally Posted by Iceveins
Originally Posted by NYMafia
One more round…

"Two Ton" Tony Galento....born in Orange, NJ
Tony was guest of honor at my first and third bouts in Newark, NJ! What a character he was. He came into my dressing room smoking a cigar that was being held in the corner of his mouth and using a cane for support while walking. Subsequently, he came and sat next to me as I was having my hands taped. I was so honored because here was a boxing legend who not only fought Joe Louis but was also in the movies...in particular "On The Waterfront" with Marlon Brando!
He then said, "Hey, yur dat Itralian kid I hurd about!
Listen to me, I'm gonna tell ya how to fight dis guy...furst, you godda get dis guy on da ropes...den, wit yer head, ya do dis..."
Tony then demonstrated how to correctly execute a head butt. Now, if that wasn't enough, Tony then said, "Ya godda tum (thumb) his eye, like dis..." He went on to demonstrate on me how to execute this feat!
Obviously, I didn't heed this advice. Yet, ironically, these exact actions were executed on me by my opponent in one of my biggest fights!
"Two Ton" knew all the tricks!
I love Two Ton Tony. He was one of those physical specimens that defied logic. He ate like a pig, drank incessantly, barely trained and got in there with the best of them and gave em hell. Really a special breed he was, he even had the great Joe Louis in trouble.

Thats him! Lol. You nailed it.