Originally Posted by Giacalone
One of the most powerful organized crime figures of the 20th century. Harry Stromberg was a force. People don't even understand what this man meant to the underworld.

No they don't. And I admit, that I too, was one of those people. Because although I was aware of Nig Rosen's name and some of the basics, if was only as I did a deep-dive into his background that I fully grasped his true power and influence. Not only in Philly, but back in NYC too, and in the larger scheme of things, across the country. He was an important figure in the early development and expansion of organized crime.

Thats actually one of the key reasons why I enjoy, not only researching OC, but also creating these hierarchy charts. Especially charts like this "69th Street Mob," and others like Lansky, Piccolo, Strollo, Corbi, Scalleat, etc. Because although I enjoy all the work I do, I thoroughly enjoy learning new things about fellas that are either not well known publicly, or are "technically" known, but the true extent and power of their crews was never clearly delineated before.

After researching all the members and affiliates of Stromberg's Philadelphia organization and putting together his chart, I realized just how large a presence he (and they) had really in Philly. The true breathe and scope of this crew even rivaled that of the Philadelphia "Family" of Cosa Nostra itself.

I'm sure thats one of the reasons why Philly's Jewish Mob was given such respect.

Now to me, THAT is really saying something!