Originally Posted by Iceveins
I'm in my 40s, and have lived in Italian neighborhoods in and around New York my whole life and I'll just say this - growing up, every day someone was pointed out to me as being "connected" or "with this family" or "his dad is such and such".... all the mob guys hung out at their social clubs, mob block parties everywhere, mob shootings were weekly to monthly occurrences. Yet in the last 20 years I can only remember a handful of shootings, don't see mob clubs anymore and never have conversations about "who's who."

The Italian mob may still be around in small numbers and still doing dirt, but their reach is so nominal that that they lack any significant influence and power.

We have plenty of mob social clubs still located in Chicago, Elmwood Park and the Armour Square neighborhood near White Sox park being the two neighborhoods that have a few of them. But these two areas also still have lots of Italians unlike places such as Cicero.

Also in regards to Armour Square, Its a neighborhood that is located next to Bridgeport. Do not go to Bridgeport anymore because even though at one time it was Italian, its been overun by mexicans and white trash. The only good Italians left all live in Armour Square which borders Bridgeport and Chinatown. Its where all the social clubs are located. Bridgeport does not have any left.

I'm sure there are neighborhoods in New York that are the same way when it comes to being overun by mexicans and white trash that were once Italian enclaves.

Last edited by RushStreet; 03/20/23 01:24 PM.