— Cartels don’t draw the public’s interest? Ask literally anyone which group they think is more of a threat to the American people between the Mob and the Cartels and I guarantee you’ll get an easy 99% of responders picking the latter. Rightfully so.

— Most of those arrested among non-Italian groups aren’t as old because it’s hard to reach the age of 70 as a Cartel member or as a Black or an Hispanic hood.

— The only group that I’ve witnessed commonly “pushing back, claiming racism” are blacks. But they still get investigated a lot, and arrested a lot, because a lot of them commit a lot of crimes. I’ve never seen an Asian version of BLM protesting because a bunch of Filipino gangbangers or Chinese human traffickers or Korean scammers were arrested. Hispanic groups only push back against ICE on immigration topics but rarely when Cartel or gang members are investigated and arrested.

— The majority of Asian crime groups active in the Northeast are not as diversified and multilayered as the Mob is. They’re either very white collar orgs or quite low brow crews. Asian minorities are the most law-abiding demographics in the country so there are simply not that many crooks to begin with. Not to mention that they’re much more difficult to infiltrate due to the language barrier and cultural isolation.

— It should go without saying that there’s a massive difference between “the Mob is not as feared as in its heyday” … and … “the Mob is a laughing stock”, which is the argument made at the start of this thread. The first statement is obviously true and no one has ever denied it. The second is just arrogantly false.