Furio, I thought your question also well suited for this thread that I started earlier. I hope you don't mind if its posted both places. I'd like to hear other forum members opinions about this (yours also).
----
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Your Question: The DeCavalcantes was never strong but in the last years their rebuilt the ranks? And now how are considerated by the other families?
----

My Answer: Thats not exactly true Furio. Because although they were never as strong as NY's Five Families, in their own right, as a "medium" sized borgata, at one time they were very respected. Especially during the years that boss "Nicky Dell" led them.

With his death, his nephew Sam DeCavalcante took over. And he too, greatly maintained and expanded their footprint. Even in later years, after John Riggi became boss, they were a very viable entity. Riggi WAS a very respected guy!

It was only after Gotti became boss they he tried shitting on them. And because Riggi feared what could come, he acquiesced to Gotti's demands, which essentially emasculated them. Shame on Gotti for disrespecting another boss and borgata. But what can you say, he was what he was, and ultimately, he ended up where he ended up.

Last edited by NYMafia; 03/18/23 07:49 PM.