Originally Posted by Mafia101
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Originally Posted by Mafia101
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Can anyone post what and who he informed on here? Are the fbi memos public? Don’t forget L.E can be very optimistic and are quick to provide CI codes even when nothing compromising has been said. Why did he serve 20 years if he was a “valued long term 50 year informant.” Why such unprofessionalism to out him as soon as he passes? Why was he allowed to stay on the street for decades after this without it coming out if he stopped cooperating decades ago? Keep sceptical until proven regardless of a journalists article.

Could be true or could be BS like the time they “leaked to the press” that Neil Dellocroce was a rat just as he died. I’m sure any mob historian would say that Neil wasn’t a rat.

Or lucky who cooperated to get himself off the babania charge but only compromised himself? Lucky obviously wasn’t a rat.

Didn’t someone try saying carmine Persico was a rat the other day? If that was true he would be the most unsuccessful rat of all time as he served his life in prison.

Some of this stuff needs context before sweeping statements are made.

All we have is this memo that says he informed for a few years in the 1960s and the 1970s. As already said being a informant doesn't guarantee you immunity from prosecution. He wasn't a 50 year informant he informed for 5 years. It's pretty obviously the memo came from a former agent or someone who was given the document in the 1980s and they shared it with ABC7. Feds don't just reveal informants when they stop informing or when they die. All of your sceptical questions were just easily explained.

Some of this just needs logical people reading it lol

Thanks for responding, interesting points but obviously a memo to say he “informed” for a few years isn’t proof for me. I would need to see what and who he informed on which I think is fair. And yes as you said feds don’t reveal informants when they stop informing or die but in this case they have immediately whilst he is being buried via a journalist. Seems abnormal and smells odd. If they can reveal his informant status as casually as that, then they can release full info/proof showing what he done like they’ve done with scarpa etc. I mean who is left from the 60s where that info would need to be redacted.

And no being an informant doesn’t guarantee you immunity but Jesus what goodwill could he have curried when he is being hit with 20 year sentences lol. Must’ve been a useless informant or maybe he told them what he had for dinner a few times and they’ve given him the CI codes they like to chuck about lol.

From a logical perspective and knowing (not debating) that LE can tell fibs or embellish to suit an agenda - I would need to see actual proof, not just a memo saying generically he done something - what did he actually do. I don’t even know much/ or care research wise about the outfit so no horse in this race for me, just my honest opinion

So yes you’ve provided explanations but there is nothing there to counter any scepticism whatsoever.

Why do you keep saying they like it was the FBI that released it? The FBI doesn't release documents unredacted like this. It's clear it came from a former agent or other former law enforcement who was given the document whenever it came out. A lot of guys could be alive still Solly D for a example. The Scarpa situation is totally different than this.

Considering he was given a 25 year sentence in the 1970s and got out in 10 I would call that a break if it even is. By the time he was sentenced for anything he wasn't informing anymore according to the memo. He can't just cash in IOUs to the federal government lol

Everything I listed did counter your scepticism. You asked why he was convicted? Well he wasn't an informant when he was convicted and informing doesn't give immunity. You asked why he was on the street for decades without this coming out? Well they don't reveal your identity after you stop informing. All your sceptical questions were answered with definitive answers.

I don't understand why this is so hard for some to believe it. Some rather believe it's a conspiracy by the FBI to stir up distrust among the remaining wiseguys. So here's some insight a FBI office that doesn't even have LCN as a priority anymore isn't going to the trouble for all of this.

Okay so your theory is an elderly former fbi agent has kept a memo in his attic for 50+ years to then release it to a journalist when some wiseguy dies in his old age? Doesn’t ring true. And wouldn’t this also put the former agent at risk of prosecution for releasing confidential documents? I would counter that if anything is released it’s from or with blessing of feds.

Wasn’t it a non violent offense? People get parole early and I don’t know what the rules were back then in terms of earliest opportunities for parole etc so I can’t comment. Not saying it would be an IOU but if he was a proper informant wouldn’t he have informed to try to get out of it? In for a cent in for a dollar? Maybe maybe not.

And these wise guy cases will always make careers so it’s always on the radar of LE - period.

This isn’t a JFK elaborate conspiracy, I’m just not taking a “memo” saying someone was an informant and had a CI code as gospel. I would need context, proof of who and what he done. Obviously.
Could just as easily be some BS put out there to “tickle the wires”.