Originally Posted by LaLouisiane
A Lot of history but they are way past defunct. Recently besides Gagliano who pretty much had a telescope up his ass from the FBI with his "snow cone sniper van", I'm pretty sure the last guy that had anything to do with Marcello when he was still the boss was Kent Brouillette aka "Frenchy". He ran prostitutes in the French Quarter (Not a made guy, just an associate). I think he was stabbed to death in 2014-15 by some drug addict he had living in his house. He has a book written about him called Mr. New Orleans, not sure how much of it was true but he was in fact the cousin of the then Governor Edwin Edwards who also spent time in prison for racketeering.

Aside from that anyone that says NOLA is still functioning is living on hopes and dreams or some weird fantasy.

I completely agree with you. NOLA is completely defunct for many years now. The same as most of the other former Families that occupied the USA. Unfortunately for those still involved in that life, it is a dying business model, clearly!

Even in the traditional stronghold of NYC/NJ, the mob is but a wisp of its former self. From the top on down, they've been gutted time and again over the last 2-3 decades. To the point where they can't even successfully maintain any semblance of hierarchy for any real length of time anymore, before the so-called "administration" get indicted, convicted, and jailed for life!

Just look at what's taken place in the last decade alone within the Lucchese, Colombo, Bonanno, and other crews. M. Madonna, S. Crea, J. DiNapoli, T. Persico, A. Russo, M. Mancuso, etc., etc., etc.. They're all either doing life with no chance of parole, or they're serving long bids (and 99% of them are considered elderly already).

And the fellas who have stepped into their shoes, for the most part, have proven themselves incompetent.

It's pretty much all over...they're just waiting for the fat lady to sing!