@Cabrini

I mean, you do make a fair point. Obviously Arillotta was/is a ruthless sociopathic sob. No doubt he was feared and no doubt the fact that he was hungry and - at the time - was a money-making machine made him a major interest of the Genovese family. He didn't get his button for nothing.
He was an earner that moved in different circles as compared to the low-level leg-breaking antics of for instance Borello and Alite, so he does have interesting stories to tell.

I can completely understand why there was so much interest in him as a young up-and-coming mobster, but I do feel they made a mistake in almost immediately getting him in charge of Springfield entirely. I get that the mob doesn't have an expert HR department, but they should've so to speak "tested the waters" some more.

My opinion that he's a scumbag is based on what I think of him as a person. Sure you can argue no mobster is an upstanding citizen and sure they're out for themselves, but I do feel there are degrees. And this includes the rats.