Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by olivant
I heartily agree Crush. There is no evidence of Fredo's nefarious intent.

Please explain how Fredo, opening the drapes to Michael and Kay's bedroom on Johnny Ola's orders, did not have nefarious intent.

. We still don’t know for sure if he did. Secondly it’s already established Fredo is stupid. Its also established how strategic and brilliant Roth is. Let’s be honest Fans talk about how intelligent Mike is but Roth was outsmarting him before the events of the movie began and throughout most of the film so he could easily do that to Fredo. I could easily see Roth spinning it a way that makes it look like they are trying to help Mike. Again there is nothing in Fredo’s character in the films that show him being ruthless especially toward his own flesh and blood. People like to bri g up his “resentment “ but like I’ve said a few times in this thread pretty much everyone has some type of resentment in their life but they rarely act in it. I understand the need to justify Mikes evil actions since he is the main character but the films are about a man who wants to live a good life outside of the mob but eventually goes down the dark path and pretty much loses his soul(until Part 3). In Part 3 we see that Fredo’s murder was senseless and not justified which is why Mike is so tormented