Originally Posted by mustachepete
1. Why did Fredo think Johnny Ola wanted him to open the drapes in Michael and Kay's bedroom?
2. why bring up the Donship?
3. Why would the Donship be even an issue?

We don't know what Fredo thinks about the drapes. Do we even know that Fredo knows about the drapes?

Fredo is complaining about many things: "Send FREDO off to do this -- send FREDO off to do that! Get FREDO to take care of some Mickey Mouse night club somewhere! Send FREDO to pick somebody up at the airport!" He's been stepped over by everybody, not just Michael.* If Tom or Neri betrayed Michael, it's a reasonable inference that they did it to become boss, because there's nothing else to tempt them with. Fredo can be bought cheaper.

Everything has to lead to the ending. If Fredo had tried to murder Michael, then why such a melancholy ending? Why is Kay saying, twenty years later, "Tony knows that you killed Fredo," instead of, "Tony knows that Fredo tried to kill me"?

*It's also not hard to scenario that Deanna is Fredo's primary frustration, especially when the deleted scene where they arrive at the party is considered.

The drapes debated above so I won't repeat

Fredo was bought cheaper! Drinks, Yolandas, Superman and he was Hooked

No doubt Fredo is complaining about many things:
I reckon Everything, All Roads lead to the Donship that he may feel will get the respect that he so desperately craves, for him.

As regards hypocrite Kay, I bet she never told him that she killed his unborn brother

convoluted, unbalanced and disjointed GF3 --
how would she know when she had been banished and everyone even Connie, the resident sister 'knows' Fredo drowned