anyway back to 2023.
of possible mafia figures who go could go way back with the bonannos that still remain on the street in montreal we have...
in no order...

1.francesco arcadi-a rizzuto loyalist still alive and on street, unlikely to have any connection to bonannos currently. very possible arcadi was once made as a bonanno albeit 40 yrs ago.

2.domenico manno-former brother in law to nick sr. not a chance in hell he would be dealing with bonannos and is approaching 90 i think. have seen no proof of criminal activity since his 2012 release.

3.vincenzo di maulo-brother of deceased joe di maulo murdered nov 2012. has been released from long sentence in jail for some time now. his name barely ever came up relating to anything criminal over the last 10 years at least. probably to do with being in jail for a stretch. only info i could find that he was still alive was a 2018 journal de mtl article about a proposed mall he and his daughter were planning in saint-jean-sur richilieu. also getting up there in age he was born in 1938. age is not a factor in mafia this is just something i found.

4.antonio mucci-longtime member and rizzuto loyalist. i will say most of muccis loyalty stems from his attendance at libertina manno/rizzuto's funeral. this might not seem like a big deal but in the context of 2018 montreal it is. also the fact that hes alive would point to him not being with desjardins or scoppa factions. there has benn rumor that mucci has "retired" from active rackets?

5.anthony volpato-longtime associate to joe di maulo. volpato has either gone legit or is sick or the most secretive mafia member ever in mtl. his name barely ever shows up even as a passing reference in mtl investigations. i can think of one from 2012 where he was seen meeting with a high end cocaine and hash importer. that importer, alain charron is french canadian.

6.antonio pietrantonio-past member of montagnas short lived crew. pietrantonio survived an attempt on his life shortly after montagna in december 2011. since then pietrantonios name has come up in relation to el chapos trial in u.s. as a cocaine importer. pietrantonios connect was the cervantes-villa family. however alex cervantes villa testified against el chapo so i imagine that link is gone. pietrantonio now has been closer linked to top HA montreal chapter members martin robert and stephan plouffe. a.p's family is also involved in some kind of monetary feud with members of the accurso family (not a crime family!!!). this feud is most likely over unpaid debts.

-so i would eliminate arcadi,manno,mucci straight up as there loyalty would be with rizzutos.
-di maulo although not a loyalist is a survivor from the 60's, who is 85 and probably not even active criminally. for someone to survive and navigate 60 years of mayhem in montreal he doesnt strike as a guy to throw all that away by backing some move by mancuso. di maulo probably isnt even allowed to travel to u.s. let alone being imported as a shooter c'mon.
-that leaves volpato and pietrantonio. volpato is a ghost or inactive i can say nothing else. possible he has remained alive through all this because hes just not up to much. so that leaves pietrantonio. he is alleged to be allied with martin robert of the HA. robert is respected around the world by fellow HA bikers and carries a rare international patch or something allegedly. robert would have no problem with dealing with fellow HA in the u.s. for reasons stated. so IF anyone in mtl still has a connect to the bonannos i would put money on pietrantonio but that is a big IF!!! i have no good info on anyone being in a.p.'s cell/crew aside from some direct family members. IF hitters were required they would be of the biker kind not italians coming from mtl/already part of chapters on east coast of u.s.