Fredo wasn’t trying to remove Mike from power or harm him he simply wanted to do something important on his own. Once again there is ZERO evidence Fredo was trying g to harm Mike. If you do t believe me then take it from the horse’s mouth. Mike legit tells Tom “I know Roth misled him and he didn’t think they were going to try and kill me”. Was Fredo upset/resentful? Sure buy many people have those feelings, doesn’t mean we are goi g to try and harm that person to get what they have. Fredo is guilty of being easily duped but like I said he thought he was helping Mike and the family. It was stupid no doubt but there was no vicious intent behind it. I get it As the main character we tend to want to protect/defend Mike and make those around him look worse to justify his actions. Look many people like Barzini, Carlo, Roth deserved Mike’s wrath but Fredo certainly not Fredo. Not to get off topic but even Frankie didn’t deserve it. He was loyal and listened to Mike and get still got the shaft after he was put in a situation he didn’t expect. I think the point of Part 2 is to show how far and evil Mike has become and he will take you out even when you never tried to harm him