Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Looks like reading isn't exactly your strong point either so I guess you'll fit right in. The entire discussion isn't about whether or not there are Mafia members still around in a city like Los Angeles or New Orleans or Tampa. The discussion is whether the borgatas that called these cities their home are still - like TonyG states above - "organized, functioning criminal enterprises". And it's clear as day that they aren't.

Actually we're just talking about defunct/dying families. You're the one trying to make it solely about criminal activity. VitoCahill's post talked about Tommy Gambino and the allegations that he's held recent inductions of mobsters from Ontario and the family's last criminal activities My first comment here outlined the activity from criminal to Mafia politics, the same as his. I just addressed the point that these families may be criminally inactive but that doesn't mean they're inactive mafia members.

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

And we can extend this to people calling Tommy Gambino a "LCN boss or underboss". The boss of what exactly? Does he have people running rackets in Los Angeles that are kicking up to him? As far as anyone of us can see he

Ffs you clearly haven't been listening to anything I've said. His family ties have nothing to do with him being labelled a mafia member. Informants and the 2001 report identified him as one. If he is criminally active or not is irrelevant to his status as a mafia member or the rank he holds within the Mafia structure. If you can't understand that you have a poor understanding of the mafia.

I don't know how to explain this any simpler for you. Do you consider Chicago a defunct family?