On the SFPD, a few things to mention, all three factions had cops on the payroll in 1920s. By 1928 to 1930, Frank Lanza and Jerry Feri had caused so much trouble that many officers did not go by the guidelines and were extremely rough with outside mobsters, notably the Italians, Jewish, and Irish. Dominic Lonardo is one of the route causes of this, along with a Jewish mobster from Massachusetts, and Irish mobster who was making trouble in the dogpatch. The cops had enough. Also guys that had worked with Frank McManus and Jack Welch, ended up joining the police force. When Frank Lanza side won, an old member of Luigi Malvese crew gave up the pad and paper to Lanza side, and they had a couple of detectives on the pad, plus a captain. It wouldn't be until around 1950 that a marriage took place to where SFPD would look the other way for the crime family. Not to mention that associates kids and relatives would also join the SFPD and would help shield the family as much as they could.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green