Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
For those who may not understand what a "Sous Chef" is: Hoodlum Must be very talented.
Next step is Head Chef and his resume is outstanding.
I for a couple of decades owned two of restaurants so FWIW, I know what I'm speaking about.
Best of all, he was smart enough to plan well for his retirement - Congratulations :-)

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
For those who may not understand what a "Sous Chef" is: Hoodlum Must be very talented.
Next step is Head Chef and his resume is outstanding.
I for a couple of decades owned two of restaurants so FWIW, I know what I'm speaking about.
Best of all, he was smart enough to plan well for his retirement - Congratulations :-)

That's very kind of u FoH..yes , some ppl don't know what a Sous Chef is .but it is like an underboss...lol...I basiclly ran the kitchens minus the major headaches of the ordering...but I got what I wanted thru communacato w/ the exec chef...sometimes I ran the the whole 9 yrds.(chef on vacation etc...)..did all the blackboard specials , sometimes 8 or 10 a nite between apps & entrees..never dabbled in desserts though..except maybe a wine poached pear w/ a reduced gastrique (aged balsamic vinegar & a good quality sugar) dusted w / fresh lavender sugar.....again , FOH..thanx 4 the shout out...& I do always read ur well educated posts , you have been here longer than me & I respect that..thank you..

Well thank you but I only know from the experience with chefs that no much I paid them and I was able to pay the most, it really wasn't enough for the hard work and their special gift, that not all have, of being a high line chef such as yourself. Unlike most, you were smart enough to plan for the future.
Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe. it ain't over yet :-(

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 11/19/22 03:46 PM.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola