Originally Posted by jace
Mystery solved: It was Nathan McCalla (aka Big Nat) a Black record producer who was arrested with Levy for beating up a cop. Gigante HAD NO INVOLVEMENT AT ALL. The trail of Levy and McCalla was dropped, and years later McCala was murdered in Florida. How in the world some people love to put not only mob members, but their families into negative stories is a shame.

the title of this itself is wrong, he was not exposed at all. He was never even arrested or charged.

I just can't stand by and read this revisionist history b.s., seriously. Enough already with opinionated and unsupported statements that have no basis in fact. The truth is Louis Gigante WAS present when MO Levy and Nate McCalla beat Ofcr.. Charles Heinz' eye out if his Skull and was a witness at the trial, for the defense, of course.
Here is the news article and link.
"DAILY NEWS, WEDNESDAY, JULY 2, 1975 27 Sigahte Asks By OWEN FITZGERALD and EDWARD KIRKMAN Councilman-priest Louis Gigante, angered over charges that he failed to cooperate with a grand jury probing an assault on a cop, called yesterday for an investigation of the Manhattan district attorney's office by State Special Prosecutor Maurice Nadjari. ; The Rev. Giffante, who said he witnessed the alleged assault on Lt. Charles Heinz on Feb. 26 that resulted in the removal of ' the officer's left eye, said he offered four times to appear before the jury. He declined to testify, he said, when Assistant District Attorney Robert Dowling insisted that he sign a waiver of immunity. The friends of the Rev. Gigante were later indicted. . r - . - "Why should I waive immunity," he' asked. rhen it was very obvious the district attorney was not conducting a proper investigation ? Ha told me all . witnesses were signing waivers, but that was a lie. I knew they weren't. The DA said it was an open investigation, but he had already Probe DA Office in Assault en (Cop picked the targets of the investigation." District Attorney Robert Morgenthau had no comment. "I've had my experiences with grand juries." continued the South Bronx councilman. "They are not open, they are select. I've got nothing to hide, but I don't want to waive my constitutional rights. This was my decision and the advice of my attorney." . Last week, Morris Levy, 47, president of Roulette Records, and Nathan McCalla, 40, vice president of the firm, were indicted on second degree assault charges. Levy," a friend of murdered Mafia boss Thomas -(Tommy Ryan) Eboli, slugged Heinz while the off-duty officer's hands were being held behind his back by McCalla, according to the indictment. , - ... - - The Rev. Gigante was with Levy, McCalla and at least one woman when 'the fight started outside of Jimmy Weston's E. ' 54th St restaurant. Heinz, accompanied by Police Capt. Peter Lamb and Jack Gold-farb, a. clothing manufacturer, had just leTt Weston's. . - Goldfarb, according to the .indictment, "made an inocuous, flirtatious remark" to the woman in the Gigante group. A fight . ensued, Heinz was struck and Gigante helped break it up, the indictment said. Neither Heinz nor Lamb identified themselves as cops. " , ' , - The Rev. Gigante disagrees with several main points in the indictment. He said he was in Weston's with Levy, whom he called an old friend, McCalla and a woman he knew as Chrissie.- The Rev. Gigante said he did not see Heinz and his friends inside the restaurant. When Gigante's group left Weston's, the priest said, he departed for his : own car parked a few blocks away. " "I heard shouting and screaming behind me. I turned around and saw three men fighting with Levy. -The report said the men weren't intoxicated, but, believe me, they were drunk and they were assaulting people." Gigante said he ran back and help- " ed separate the combatants. The Rev. Gigante also disputed the official reports that he was not wearing clerical garb. "I had on a three-quarter leather jacket," he said. "It was ripped when I broke up the fight." Gigante couldn't recall if he was wearing his Roman collar. "I usually stuff it in my pocket," the priest said. The Rev. Louis Gigante."
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/434243035/