Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland, Atlanta, Memphis, Cleveland and New Orleans are all cities where I'd say African American gangs are the number one force in organized crime. I'd count in Chicago as well, but in Chicago we also have to take Mexican gangs and what's left of the Outfit into consideration.

And I do think these type of drug gangs could be considered organized crime. It's definitely not as sophisticated or far-reaching or durable as LCN is, but the amount of weight these gangs move in the drug game is not to be underestimated. They make tons of money and in their communities they have quite a few tricks up their sleeves when it comes to money laundering. They're no LCN - nothing else is if we're being honest - but I don't think it's fair to dismiss them all as low-level street punks.

Its like many clans in Naples. It are essentially gangs but control the territory and for this can easly sell large quantity of drugs.
The LCN until the 1970s was strong because had the little italies and control on their hoods.
The only difference is that a wiseguy will do anything for made more money and avoid prison or long sentences while the average black gangster doesnt fear the prison because his life isnt much better outside.