Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by Evita

While Michael's wooing of Kay may have been bloodless, passionless, I don't think he gave any BS to her.
I reckon it was one of the very few, perhaps the only time he was honest with her, truly believing in what he was saying

Honest with her?? Believing in what he was saying?? "The Corleone family will be completely legitimate in five years"?? The family under Michael wouldn't be "legitimate" in five, or seven, or any years, except in Michael's warped, twisted way of imagining "legitimacy.". Try to count all the killings he ordered, even after he moved to Nevada. Even in 1979, decades after he married Kay, he still controlled the Commission, and was ordering murders right up to the end.

He truly believed in what he was saying
Both were delusional that "The Corleone family's decades of criminal activities will be completely legitimate in five years" let alone

I reckon The family under Michael was "legitimate" he had achieved the semblance of legitimacy, decent American, successful businessman, philanthropist and as We see in GFIII more "legitimate" than ever

While Michael's "legitimate" front was the Elephant in the room, we saw how people were not treating him as crime boss to his face and going along with his "legitimate" front

As regards all the killings he ordered, even after he moved to Nevada They hit us so -- we hit 'em back.