Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Originally Posted by NYMafia
As others on this thread have mentioned, The Detroit crew is small emough, and has all to do just to keep a presence in The Motor City nowadays, let alone worry about Ontario.

They haven't had a presence there in many decades already. Not since the days of Joe Zerilli and Black Bill Tocco.

Remember this is a family that set forth a rule back in the 1960’s that any 2nd generation blood being brought into the family had to have a college degree.

Also remember a few short years ago everyone wrote off Buffalo as not having any influence in Buffalo and definitely not having any influence in Hamilton.

Well because there were no dead bodies and no indictments.

How did that opinion fare out?

If not for the really stupid 2011 DeAnna indictment everyone would be swearing there was no Sicilian connection either.

Sicilian mafia and drugs go hand and hand as far as I can tell.

And the same argument I had many years ago with Buffalo and Hamilton that I was ridiculed for was and is Buffalo had smuggling routes set up on both sides of the border that are REALLY REALLY UNDERGROUND some of the routes have been in place since prohibition and you never hear anyone getting busted bringing anything into this country via those routes.

Well the same with Detroit and Windsor those for that reason alone it would make sense to keep a presence in Windsor.

We are talking about the smartest and in my opinion the most successful LCN family in the history is America.

Thet def aren’t lending $1000 to shy customers for $50 a week and breaking the guys head for paying late.

They aren’t taxing store owners at the local level for a few hundred a month as you can see the possible outcome with the DeAnna’s.

Also remember they have spent decades trying to disappear and go underground.

That is the reason why for the most part the majority of their key players never went to jail or only did B.S. time.

That’s my 2 Cents

What they can do in a almost all black city like Detroit?
They had connections with the bikers before Bommarito death and werent big players in drugs after 1970s,they lost LV money and union control.
What remain? Very few.
The Detroit Mob is more a large blood family made by Vito-Giacalone-Zerilli families.
But to be real estate owner who is a criminal in his spare time dont make him a mobster!
Low key dont means be invisible! If the Partnership would have interests in Canada,the canadian LE would find proofs of it.
For me the Detroit Mafia is just a stabile but little active family,for sure have associate that sell drugs and other street crimes while the made men are involved in more lucrative and less dangerous crimes.
That is my 2 cents.