Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by Lana

My take, makes no sense to me as to why Barzini's family would bother with Fabrizzio “apparently paid off a debt” when Barzini is dead [if the Baptism murders were in 1955] and the family is in disarray, pretty much exterminated! j

Of course it doesn't make any sense! That's why I started this thread--to see if any insightful posters here could offer some constructive ideas,

My two cents worth!
No doubt it is nice, fun to flesh out the different insightful, constructive opinions, interpretations, speculations, knowledge of the Forum members, in the spirit of the Board which opens the door to more discussions, no doubt enriches our understanding and enjoyment of the movies and the novel, the fuel that keeps the Board active and keeps us conversing half a century on

and to coin a phrase, is the act of a Godfather friend!

As regards the other NY Families, I reckon, their capos switched sides after the massacre, and were given a living but never discussed the Family business with them or the New York detectives had them on possession, bookmaking, murder 1, and a lot more.

That's why there was no one, to whack the only Don, last man standing!