Originally Posted by Big_Tuna93
This is a great thread as I'm incredibly unfamiliar with the very early days LCN. My knowledge on Masseria and Maranzano is pretty much limited to me seeing them portrayed in Boardwalk Empire, which while a great show, is pretty loose with the facts. Anyway, my question is about the forming of the commission. When it was formed was it just the NY 5 families with families like Chicago, Philly, etc added later on? What was the original?

The Orginal was Bonanno, Gagliano, Luciano, Mangano, and Profaci for NYC, with Buffalo. A month later was Chicago, they were offered it at the beginning, but had to mold it over as they were unsure if NYC was still in turmoil or not. After Maranzano, it was Angelo Caruso till the formation of the Commission then Bonanno was boss. 7 families until 1951, then it was Pittsburgh, and Cleveland added to it. After 1956, Pittsburgh and Cleveland were no longer on the Commission, Pittsburgh Amato withdrew, unknown why Cleveland was knocked off. In 1959 when things settled in NYC, Detroit and Philadelphia were added.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green