The pentito Roberto Presta , a top figure in organized crime active in the Esaro Valley talks about 'the commission' aka "The Province".
A superstructure that would govern the most important choices of the 'Ndrangheta.
The collaborator of justice is the cousin of the superboss Franco Presta, I refer to the existence of a commission constituted by the representatives of all the provinces of Calabria. For the Cosenza part, this commission includes RuĂ  Gianfranco, Lanzino Ettore, Presta Franco, Patitucci Francesco, Piromallo Renato, Muto Gigino, Carelli Santo. The commission meets in different places, also on the occasion of "legal" events such as, for example, weddings, to discuss and define criminal strategies also in reference to political and power events in general. This information was reported by Franco Presta to my brother Antonio Presta when the latter was to take over as head of our group. I do not know the names of the representatives of the other provinces who are part of the commission. I don't know exactly if my brother Antonio Presta ever attended a commission meeting, also because when I happened to accompany him to important criminal appointments I could not know the subject of that eventual meeting.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"