1. I think he was still in a comfort zone of sorts, despite Carlo passing away - probably didn't even believe it was a threat. It would've never happened if Carlo was still alive obviously.

2. I think the drugs thing is overstated - the Cherry Hill Gambinos were not the only ones pushing drugs with Bruno getting kickbacks. Long John for example, who wasn't even made was also selling drugs and giving kickbacks. Though, it could be one of the reasons that he remained an associate under Bruno, to sorta sidestep the 'rules.' But Harry the Hunchback and his crew also dealt in junk, and kicked up. Like I said, the drugs thing as far as Bruno guys being "jealous" about not being permitted to do it is very overstated. It was like most families, do it but don't get caught.

3. I actually believe the biggest factor was a Commission ruling that took place which favored Caponigro over Funzi Tieri for control of a very large North Jersey book. The Genovese were basically waiting it out, saw an angle and exploited the angle.

Last edited by irishkaos; 09/01/22 10:06 PM.