Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by NYMafia
I'm well aware of the "Jets" and the "Sharks" of Westside Story Musical fame. Lol

Barone belonged to a mostly Irish gang of toughs on Manhattan's Westside Hells Kitchen neighborhood. I'm also well aware of that "street gangs" site you refer to. And I can tell you now that there were many gangs across NYC not represented on that site. Just because the "name" is not on the site, does not mean they didn't exist.

George Barone was no jerk off, despite what you may think. And although by the time he "turned" canary he was an old man, he was nonetheless a "made" guy for many years who also served as one of the most powerful ILA officials both in NYC, and later down in the Port of Miami, FL.

He whacked guys, he followed orders, was loyal, and was a very well-respected guy in the underworld for many years. So you tell me, WTF would he have to lie about having been a member of a street gang as a young hoodlum?

PS: The correct answer is: he'd have no reason to answer that he was a gang member of the Jets, if he was not (while under oath in a courtroom no less). What good purpose would that serve? You tell me? If he said the gang's name was The Jets, then the gang's name was The Jets.

Not the Boy Scouts of America or any other name. He was old, but he wasn't crazy.

. Yeah when I saw the Jets and Sharks I was like “Wait a minute when did this become West Side Story” lol

Exactly. Lol..."When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dying day"

Somebody get my tap shoes? Lol

. Haha. Classic cinema gotta love it