Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by dsd
@hoodlum
According to gravanos book, the Chin said " jeez I'm sorry to hear that ". to Sr saying his son was made.
I have a hard time believing that, firstly, it sounds like a sneery type response.
Secondly, what does that say about the 'life'.
Thirdly, we know how some (all?) of the Chins kids ended in the mob. .

Although chin was probably meaning ' I'm sorry to hear your dumb moron son has been allowed into our life ".

Not all but one for sure 2 espositos that had with his goomar. Nice story is that Chin ordered to George Barone to find a no show job in the port union for his son and the fact for them wasnt a good job led to shelving of Barone and his decision to flip because the family wanted him dead. Barone was one of the few genoveses to flip.

Barone was so old he was crazy to rat, and he really held a grudge.

https://gangstersinc.org/profiles/blogs/genovese-soldier-george-barone

Barone still held sway over the waterfront, but younger wiseguys had moved into positions of more power and wealth and the ‘oldfella’ felt disrespected. It made him hard to deal with and he soon came to blows with Andrew Gigante, the son of the family boss. Andrew needed help with getting a friendly company a lucrative contract and Barone was told to make it happen. But Barone was owed money by the company and insisted that debt be paid first.

The conflict between Barone and father and son Gigante quickly escalated, resulting in Barone (right) being “put on the shelf” as it is called in mob parlance. Which meant he held no more power within the Mafia. He had become a pariah. And he knew that now that the mob no longer had any use for him, probably viewed him as a liability even, his time was surely up. That is when, in 2001, he contacted Team America.

“I went bad,” Barone said about his new role as government witness. “I wanted to get even. I wanted to survive. I didn't want to get killed by them,” he added, referring to Vincent Gigante and his Genovese Family. “I decided that the Mafia is not the paternal, wonderful organization that it proposes to be. The esprit de corps does not exist. Greed, violence, betrayal: that is what exists.”

. Thanks for the article Furio!