What is Mancuso thinking? Something about this does not seem right. Joe C being ordered not to attend Vito Grimaldi's wake? I get the feeling that that order did not come from Mancuso, but from Johnny Joe. Now there is history between Joe C and John Spirito Jr, so I dont doubt violence erupted. John Spirito Jr is known to hold his own. Johnny Mulberry getting into a fight? No way, if anything remotely comes close to that is that Sciremammano was in the middle before John punched Joe and was pushed. The biker gang is not an outlaw gang, it does have some fighters in its ranks. Joe C is affiliated with that gang because of his brother Dino who is the opposite of his brother, so no way do I see Dino jumping in. Joe C is ordered not to attend but shows up to pay his respects, no surprise there as he always had balls and grit. Where was Joe Grimaldi? If the Bonanno administration is really trying to unite the family, they would have made sure that every made member that was family of Grimaldi would show up regardless of being shelved or not. Any mob related business would be done in private with the shelved members told they could not go into a certain area at the time. It seems like the Bronx faction is flexing way too much. If that is the case then that faction does not have or feel like they dont have enough protection to hold the reigns.

Now here are the main things to think about.
1. Why would Mancuso make a stupid order barring Joe C from attending, now he can be mad at Cammarano all he wants but he would not disrespect Vito Grimaldi like that who was also shelved before he passed away.
2. A made man had hands placed on him, regardless of being shelved or not, that is a no no unless the mob does not consider that a rule anymore. Example is to be made.
3. This look bad on Mancuso, not Cammarano. The Nose is the boss and this fiasco happens shows a lot of disrespect in the eyes of the other families, that Mancuso is going to have to answer for. It was in his own house, but there was a big lack of protocol.
4. Mancuso gets a bad rap, but on the order, I think that Johnny Joe ordered it as he had lost a few sitdowns with Cammarano Sr in the day and wanted to get even, also Johnny Joe and Mancuso had done serious time, while Cammarano Jr has not, so there is some resentment there. It is quite possible that Johnny Joe is an administration member and violence is right up his street.
5. Why is there so much fear about Joe Cammarano Jr attending the wake? Most likely even though Joe C is shelved, he is still respected and he still has support from those that do not like Mancuso. There is fear that Cammarano will be able to take reigns and that makes him a potential rival eventhough he is shelved he could pose a threat to the Bronx factiin.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green