Frank Valenti was the actual boss. They had family in Rochester as an uncle was an early blackhand member in Rochester, their cousins Al and Joe were active in Rochester who would never be made, if they were living in this time of age they would be made. Frank was made in Pittsburgh, and Stanley was made in Buffalo family. Pasquale Amico was close to their uncle. Amico would be the Capo of Rochester from 1931 till he died in 1947. 1947-1954 unknown who was the Capo of Rochester. 1955 till 1964 Giacomino Russolesi was the Capo.
So how did the Valentis gained power? Well first Frank was against LaRocca becoming boss of Pittsburgh, and once LaRocca became boss, Frank decided to transfer to Rochester under the Magaddino family. His brother Stanley was made at the age of 28 which would make the year 1954 into Buffalo family. Stanley sponsor was Giuseppe Ida. Frank reached out to his brother to be transferred. Sometime in 1955 Stanley met Joe Bonanno and a friendship began between the brothers and Joe Bonanno. 1960 and on, Stanley and current Rochester capo Jake Russo did not get along. Frank comes back onto the scene and in 1964 Jake Russo disappeared. Frank killed Russolesi and paid tribute to Stefano Magaddino until the late 1960s. Magaddino felt his cousin Bonanno was involved. The rest is history.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green