Explosive statement by new witness: 'Peter R. de Vries was the chief's enemy'

Witness 5089, as he was called during the interrogations, turned himself in to the police in October last year and explained in detail the motive for the crime reporter’s murder. “The reason for this was that he was working with a key witness,” Witness 5089 said. “Because he, the journalist, helped the key witness in the case against this Moroccan.”

“shot a journalist”
The anonymous witness says it is based on information from a good friend of his, Krystian M. The 27-year-old Pole was arrested last Monday on suspicion of guiding the two men who allegedly carried out the De Vries assassination.

“Krystian M. has been looking for a man for his uncle since April. He calls him his uncle. It’s a Moroccan that Krystian works for. He was looking for someone to shoot a journalist.”

The witness says about the “uncle” that he understood “that it is someone who killed the brother and the lawyer of the key witness”. And further: “I never saw the man. I only heard that his brother took over all his businesses and that he himself is now in prison.”

called Taghi
The interrogators try to find out who exactly is behind it. They ask:

– And you don’t know his name. Did you discover his name on the internet now?

“I’ll put it differently. I’ve never heard of Krystian’s first or last name.”

– Okay, but now do you know which man it is, what name.

“Yeah, Raswan Taghi or something.”

He could be referring to Ridouan Taghi, the main suspect in the Marengo liquidation process. Prosecutors have suspected for a long time that Taghi’s organization ordered the attack on Peter R. de Vries, but has not yet been able to prove this. Ridouan Taghi’s lawyer, Inez Weski, declined to comment.

Witness 5089 says he went to the police because he felt threatened by Krystian M’s group. This group wanted to implicate him in the kidnapping of two children. “Yes, you shouldn’t see that as an invitation, but as an order,” said the witness during the interrogation. By talking to the police, he hopes for protection.

Krystian M.’s attorney, Ronald van der Horst, could not be reached for comment.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"