@Dob_Peppino;

How did Magliocco “assume” power… He was Profaci’s underboss for over 30 years; Wouldn’t he have been the logical successor regardless if the captains voted him??? He must have been hated internally in the family… There’s not much said about Magliocco..

I don’t understand how Joe Colombo became “boss” Guy was a “rat” in my opinion. Should have been whacked… by Profaci/Magliocco loyalists.. A “captain” going to the commission to rat his boss out is a joke when you think about it… Colombo must have really hated Magliocco. Who else could have succeeded Magliocco at that time?? Weren’t there respected old timers?? Who got overstepped by Joe Colombo?? Who could have stepped in and took the family if they weren’t so divided??

@Giacomo_Vacari

Seems like Profaci was more violent of all the bosses in his “era”.. The more I read all you knowledgeable posters responses and opinions. It’s appearent that Profaci was no joke..

@Giacomo_Vacari

Thanks for letting me know about the Newark incident; First time hearing it.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/07/22 12:49 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.