Zavattoni, The Newark fiasco I am talking about is the Newark family. Joe Profaci only talked with Gaspare D'Amico once, and sent another guy to talk to him about how the Calabrians were disgruntled with D'Amico only making those who were Sicilian or had Sicilian parents, also about the Olive oil trucks that Salvatore Profaci ran. Joe Profaci thought that was enough time and when D'Amico did not comply Profaci ordered D'Amico, his right hand man, and a couple of others to be killed. The Commission wanted a peaceful resolution or wait until the 1941 meeting, but Profaci went on his own and used force fast. This cost him some respect from Costello, and Mangano in New York, and the Chicago outfit. It was decided by the Commission to disband the Newark crime family and take its membership into the other families, and Joe Profaci remained a boss, but by 1941 he was no longer chairman of the Commission. His actions did gain the respect of Vito Genovese and Albert Anastasia. From what is know, it looks like he was using Salvatore Lombardino and the Misuraca brothers who at the time were with the D'Amico family, also Salvatore Lombardino and Joe Profaci went way back to when Joe Profaci returned to New York from living in Chicago, no doubt Tony Lombardo sent messages to other members in the New York area about Profaci and respect was shown to Profaci. In all retrospect, Joe Profaci had just had a revolt before this with the Scaduto brothers, so it looks like Profaci was still in a War state of mind instead of a diplomatic state of mind.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green