Al Capone was associated with the Camorra in New York before leaving to Chicago and was made into the Camorra once in Chicago. He was later made by Masseria around 1928 along with 9 other members of Capone gang, and was given the power to induct other members into the organization. This was after Tony Lombardo was killed, which leads me to believe that the Sicilians were divided as one group went with Joe Aiello and the other group went with Capone hence why Masseria made Al Capone. By 1930, Capone had inducted another 40 to 50 members into his organization, plus another 20 to 30 members joined his organization who were under the control of Ross Prio of the Northside, as well as the Sicilians that followed Lombardo. When Joe Aiello was killed in 1930, those members either fled, some were killed in the following months, while others joined with Al Capone such as James Emery of Chicago Chicago Heights even though Frank LiParota was allied with Capone, Emery controlled CHC, and Frank Caruso of Chinatown who was demoted and was replaced by Ralph Pierce.

Vito Genovese was actually involved in stealing from pushcarts, running errands for the Camorra members. In 1916 he was sentenced to one year in prison for a concealed firearm. After he got out he was made into the Camorra Manhattan faction who was at war with the Morello family. Once the war was over the Camorra was absorbed into the other families, mainly the Genovese and Gambino families took the most. Vito Genovese would also be made by Masseria in either 1926 or 1927.

In short both Capone and Genovese were made into the Camorra before being made officially with the Sicilians.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green