Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@ Furio

I think the 6 Gambino murders is a fabrication. I don’t know where that came from in mob lore.

If Galante was killing made guys in other families;

Wouldn’t this have prevented him from making guys in the 1976-1977 period? Other families wouldn’t have tolerated this.

Also I’m surprised Galante didn’t have more support; Wouldn’t you think guys would have loved to have supported Galante and got some of that Heroin money.

Galante had more pedigree then everyone in that family and he still got whacked…

He was prolly only 2nd in pedigree to Joe Bonanno.

Anyone else agree?

I agree with you Zavattoni. 99% of the murders Galante was accused of ordering after his release from jail was total bullshit. The NYPD (and other police agencies) are famous for that sort of rhetoric. It makes it seem as though they know what's going on when in reality they haven't a clue.

I think Galante was just a very heavy handed guy. Many fellas (even bosses were afraid of his mentality and capabilities), and even many of his Bonanno Family opposed his style or were with other crews competing with him. When push came to shove, and it was coming to that, they plotted against him. There's NO WAY IN HELL, Neil Dellacroce and the Gambino's are gonna take out a boss from another Family that way unless there's a consensus among the Commission (or in this particular case) an agreement with elements of his own family who go along with it. Otherwise that's called a "gangland war" to rival the Castellammarese War of 1929-31.