Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I know me, and I know I would not give up and would probably do as they are doing. I couldn't bear to say a permanent good-bye to my child.
At some point I would wonder how much I was doing this because I couldn't let go and was holding on to the illusion that she is going to get better, when it cannot happen.

The court previous decision clearly stated: Over the span of this last decade, Theresa's brain has deteriorated because of the lack of oxygen it suffered at the time of the heart attack. By mid 1996, the CAT scans of her brain showed a severely abnormal structure. At this point, much of her cerebral cortex is simply gone and has been replaced by cerebral spinal fluid. Medicine cannot cure this condition. Unless an act of God, a true miracle, were to recreate her brain, Theresa will always remain in an unconscious, reflexive state, totally dependent upon others to feed her and care for her most private needs.

The parents offered her husband the rest of the settlement if he would let them have the custody. And a third party offered him another million (or was it 10 million). He is just not in it for the money and to get rid of her.

It is an awful PRIVATE situation that NEVER should have come to the public limelight. It SHOULD NEVER have come to the political arena. What I'm distressed about is the ridiculous meddling of Congress. This is NOT a legislative issue. It is a judicial issue for the STATE courts, and has been resolved there over and over again. Democrats are just letting Congressional republicans fuck with the separation of powers. I am so unbelievably disappointed in Congressional democrats, but I could see it in '06 "his Democrat voted for her to die!"

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"