This was an obviously troubled girl. There's a certain irony to the fact that she is going to starve to death since she is this way due to medical complications from an eating disorder.

As a society, it would be setting a dangerous precedent to euthanize her with an injection. However, as I said before, I watched my father die a slow and agonizing death from cancer. Basically, he died the same way the Terry is since he was given no feeding tube or other life-support equipment once his body could no longer sustain itself. He had these morphine patches that the hospice gave us. I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to just put them all on him at once so that his pain would be over. It would have been far more merciful.

I don't know enough about the background of the case to guess why Michael Schiavo won't let her parents take over. There are people who have guessed that he would have to relinquish the $1 million settlement he got. However, if she's been like this for 15 years, I would think that a million bucks is chicken feed compared to what it has cost to keep her in that facility.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club