This whole case makes me think of what I'd do if it were my daughter in this situation. Like SB says, I can totally see the parents point of view. I just don't understand why the husband won't just give custody to the parents, who are willing to care for her.

At first anyway, I also sympathized with the husband, and could understand how he felt, but for some reason I am not so certain about his motives anymore, since the parents are willing to "let him off the hook" so to speak.

If it were my daughter, I couldn't and wouldn't agree to remove these feeding tubes. While it's true the parents may very well be holding on to false hope, on the other hand, only the parents may be the ones seeing signs of any kind of "life" from their daughter that no one else sees.

All that being said, and being against the removal of these feeding tubes, how cruel it is to literally starve someone to death. Most people wouldn't do that to their dogs. If they must kill her, why not give her an injection of some kind instead of putting her family through the agony and anguish of watching her slowly starve to death. This is truly a heart wrenching situation. I feel for the entire family.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon