The Gallos were the most serious threat to Joe Profaci as Boss, but Profaci also had minor threats to his rule before the Gallo brothers. The Scaduto Brothers, Giuseppe and Domenico also had caused minor problems in the later part of 1935 till 1936 when Giuseppe was betrayed by a Sabella and was killed, followed by his brother being killed 7 months later in Chicago. The opposition was very small and with the death of Giuseppe all internal fighting stopped with the remaining members fleeing or joining Profaci. At least three of the members that fled were killed, Domenico Scaduto in Chicago, an unknown member in New Jersey killed by Ettore and Giovanni Misuraca, and another unknown member killed in Cuba in 1938 by Giuseppe Tipa and Filippo Mangano. Then there is the Sicily feud, which Salvatore Profaci Sr, Joe Profaci brother was killed in a freak boating accident which the engine blew up, the general consensus among LCN members and researchers is that was a message to Joe Profaci to back off in his hometown matters.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green