Originally Posted by BensonHURST
I think the question here was why if all people was he chosen as a shooter on the Galante hit.
His father and uncle were dead at the time.

That’s an important hit
It should have only went to someone that was trusted.

From what I read after the 3-captains hit he was looked upon as a junkie.

Maybe they planned on whacking him after the hit, but he got locked up and they weren’t able to get to him?

The Galante hit was before the three Capos murders. His father was one the guys in planning the hit and wanted someone he trusted and the other families knew would get the job done. After the hit, his star raised considerable, to where it went to his head, and he started to party a lot more and got hooked on drugs. Bruno got locked after his father was killed which help save his life and a number of sitdowns took place, Tommy Karate was able to get a pass, while Bruno got his while locked up, with Tommy being put in Spero crew to keep a better eye on him.
Bruno gets out next year, unknown if he will be put on a hallway house or just kept locked up. But there is a good chance he will be put in a hallway house after summer.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green