Originally Posted by mustachepete
Originally Posted by Lana
It's been awhile since I read the book How did Fredo react to being stepped over for Donship by his kid brother? Thanks Pete

Fredo v. Michael isn't really an issue in the book. "Freddy" seems contented in Vegas, running the hotel side of Moe's operation and chasing cocktail waitresses. There is the "don't take sides" confrontation, but that's more that Freddy is identifying with Moe than with Freddy asserting some kind of authority among the Corleones
Originally Posted by Lana
Also "Fredo will run the five or so Corleone hotels" but under Boss Michael though

Well, sure, that's where the money's coming from. Same as the people who actually worked for the olive oil company
Many thanks Pete I only have an old paperback! somewhere....Fair enough

Godfather II - Therein lies the issue?
Fredo put up with whatever was dished out by his Father Vito, older Brother Sonny and being straightened out / slapped around in public by "we're good friends, right Moe" but couldn't handle the kid brother, Michael being the Boss because it should have been Fredo

Fredo is not going to be content "running the hotel side of [Michael's] operation" and Fredo's good friend Moe murdered and of course there will be no more cocktail waitresses! either

Fredo to Michael: during his boathouse outburst -
I'm your older brother Mike and I was stepped over!

If my memory serves me right, the book ends with all living happily for a hundred years! and apart from Vito's early years Godfather II was brand new material So what you say makes sense