Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
[quote=Lou_Para]"Reclaiming History" is the definitive work on the JFK assassination. It should be required reading for people on both sides of the conspiracy debate.

But, just to speak to my earlier point,I loaned it to a pro - conspiracy friend of mine, and after several weeks he returned it. When I asked what he thought,his reply was "Well it was written by a prosecutor,so of course he's going to be biased toward a lone gunman conclusion".

It never ends.

You should ask your friend, while acknowledging that yes, it was written by the prosecutor; who's material should we consider as the defence? And is there any defence which rebuts the arguments Bugliosi makes?

The other thing I have realized with age was just how hard it would be to keep a lid on a conspiracy like this one. When you compare this alleged conspiracy to a known conspiracy such as Watergate - consider that if the President of the United States could not successfully facilitate the burglary of a hotel room just blocks away from the White House with a small team of CIA-trained operatives, how on God's green earth would they be able to facilitate a massively-scaled conspiracy like the assassination of Kennedy which would have to involve dozens if not hundreds of people? It seems highly unlikely.

[/quote

Unfortunately,my friend,like a lot of people, has his mind made up. There was a conspiracy,end of story,and nothing will ever change his mind.
But that's OK,we've been friends since Grade School,and part of the fun is that we pretty much disagree on everything.

As far as a cover-up,I've always thought it unusual that in all of the wiretaps,interrogations,testimony,and even snitch input since 1963,not one credible mention of a Mob involvement has come to light.
Sure,we have a lot of "I was at this meeting with so-and-so and he said something to somebody else,who told another guy that JFK was a pain in the ass"
Not one snitch willing to give up a solid tip to reduce his possible charges.
We're talking possibly tens of thousands of hours of tapes,testimony,and reports,by virtually every level of Fed,State,and Local Law enforcement encompassing a multitude of jurisdictions,and involving OC and non OC people.
I find it hard to believe that this "conspiracy" was that foolproof and diabolical.