Originally Posted by Turnbull
Given the passage of almost 60 years; the deaths of so many people who were in the know, or who might have been in the know; and the non-discovery, loss or possible destruction of so much evidence, the only certainty is that the case will never be closed.

I agree with you, but for different reasons. IMHO, JFK's murder was such a huge cultural watershed moment in US history,that it is basically beyond closing,at least in the conventional sense.
This case is unique in that there is no absolute, objective standard of proof for any evidence whatsoever. There will never be a generally accepted consensus in support of any detail of the assassination.
I think this is partly because of the sheer volume of information,and partly because of human nature. I think it's a common tendency to accept evidence that bolsters ones position,and to reject evidence that does not.

Assume for purposes of discussion that Oswald lived and was tried for the murder,and all evidence,witnesses,etc available at that time were produced.
Regardless of the jury verdict,there would still be a significant segment of the public that would disagree with it,and would blame a cover-up or conspiracy to support their opinion.

Last edited by Lou_Para; 03/15/22 02:46 AM.