Originally Posted by Binnie_Coll
so very true, he also admitted it.

About Marcello's so-called "admission":

A convicted bank robber by the name of Van Laningham was sentenced to the same prison that Marcello was serving time in.

He was sitting in the prison courtyard with Marcello on December 15, 1985 when Marcello went off about Kennedy.

An FBI Confidential Source Report released by the National Archives said Marcello told Van Laningham the following: “Yeah, I had the son of a bitch killed. I'm glad I did it. I'm sorry I couldn't have done it myself.”

The FBI did not interview Marcello after the statement, and there was some question of his mental capacity at the time.

So what you have is a possibly demented old man,a has been Mob Boss, telling a stranger about his possible involvement in the crime of the century'

This was 22 years after the event. IMHO Carlos secretly enjoyed the (undeserved) reputation he got as the JFK "mastermind"' and was so desperate to feed his ego,that he "confided" in a small-time punk,who as it turns out,was the only one who really gave a sh*t.

Even the FBI,who flipped Van Laningham as a snitch,realized that Marcello was nuts,and didn't even bother to talk to "the criminal genius" who orchestrated this huge convoluted conspiracy and subsequent cover - up.