Originally Posted by Giacalone
Not much. LA is barely a family. It's more like a crew. If that. What's more is that these guys aren't doing anything that's even remotely illegal. It's so watered down at this point I'm amazed that law enforcement is still interested in them. Detroit? I know the feds in Detroit still believe there's a viable family over there. Maybe there's one good bookmaking operation left. I don't know lol

Giacalone just out of curiosity how could you possibly be in the know of every crew, member and/or associate to know what they had going on?
No offense I cannot see how you could possibly be that plugged in to make a blanket statement such as that?

I ran into a old friend from the Carol Gardens area of Brooklyn, he is younger we talking about the old days, he was telling me that he just hit the #, I thought I was going to school him about the #'s by explaining to him, that back in the day you were able to play the #'s at the local club or deli or through local runner's in the neighborhood,

To my surprise he went on to tell me that at certain spots in the neighborhood you could still play the #'s, and that they paid you an extra $100.00 on top of what N.Y.S, would pay if you hit through them.

He also told me about a couple of Bodega's that were run by middle eastern that were also spots as well.

I thought #'s were long gone and dead.

He is 15 years younger than I am.

Now I am sure that #'s are no where near what they used to be,
Many could make a statements that #'s books are dead.

If that statement is used as a basis to compare #'s books from yesterday to today is that accurate? Pretty Much... Yes, I will agree with that statement.
Dead meaning no where near what it was or used to be..

But NOT DEAD MEANING DEAD.

LCN, is dead in Bensonhurst
Again dead meaning yesterday there were a social clubs/or mob fronts every few blocks.

Now there are very few and far in between and if you dont know what you are looking for, they are very easy to miss, by design by the way.

With that said if the statement were made that LCN is dead in Bensonhurst it would be accurate if were a comparative analyses, of what it used to be.
However, again it does NOT mean it is dead as in no more.

Please dont take this as in insult I dont come on here to argue with anyone, it looks like we finally got rid of the trouble makers and I am not looking to start anything up.