GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CleanBandit), 465 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,963
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,674
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,545
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,493
Posts1,061,867
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103149
03/18/05 03:21 PM
03/18/05 03:21 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
You..... of all people give credibility to something Ron Kuby said

You better watch it, or they'll make you turn in your membership card to the Conservatives Club :p

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103150
03/18/05 05:49 PM
03/18/05 05:49 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I love Kuby...sure he's an asshole 95% of the time but he's fun to listen to and occassionally comes out with something worth saying. That statement about Geragos was one of them.

He give good e-mail, too...

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103151
03/18/05 10:15 PM
03/18/05 10:15 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Today on the news I heard that the guards told Scott Peterson that he looked tired and probably he needed a nap. Do you know what Scott's reply was?? "I'm so jazzed I couldn't possibly sleep." Can you believe it?

Then.....They say he has received two marriage proposals from two women since yesterday. OMG!! I know good men are hard to find, but going to death row to look for one??? How sick is that? Lots and lots of sickos around.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103152
03/18/05 10:35 PM
03/18/05 10:35 PM
Illinois
Lauren8 Offline
Capo
Lauren8  Offline
Capo
Illinois
Quote:
Save the tax payers a heck of alot of money.
It costs more to execute someone than to keep them alive in prison for life.

Quote:
Then.....They say he has received two marriage proposals from two women since yesterday. OMG!! I know good men are hard to find, but going to death row to look for one??? How sick is that? Lots and lots of sickos around.
I know a girl who had a shrine to Scott Peterson in her room, pictures from magazines and newspapers. YUCK!

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~
Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103153
03/19/05 01:38 PM
03/19/05 01:38 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I am appalled at all these woman who are infatuated with this scumbag's looks! Proposals for marriage! What ignorance! It's a shame that there are some people that do not look at the WHOLE situation and think with their heads, but instead think with whatever is between their legs, be it a woman or a man.

I keep hearing talk of Circumstantial evidence. But let me ask this question to someone on here that may have follwed this case very closely : Didn't the police find Laci's hair, which was proven to be hers from DNA, wrapped in a pair of pliers on the boat? If that be the case, I would think that the victims hair, wrapped in a pair of pliers, on his boat, is more than just circumstantial evidence! Yes, it could be circumstantial evidence that he had $10,000 in his pocket, dyed his hair, was caught close to the mexican border, and was playing golf. :rolleyes: He could have many explainations for those actions, and yes there could have been circumstances that caused these actions by him. But what sort of an explaination could he possible have for having his wifes hair wrapped in his pliers on his boat? :rolleyes: That is not circumstantial at all in my eyes. There is not one circumstance that could explain her hair in his pliers on that boat! Add to that the taped conversations between him and Amber, and the testimony of Amber, and my feeling is that you have much more than just circumstantial evidence.

I believe, with what we now know about DNA, that if O.J. Simpson were to stand trial today, there would be no question of his guilt! Not that there ever was in my mind, but 12 years ago the average person had absolutly no idea as to the solidness of DNA evidence. Today the average person is more educated about DNA.

I won't voice my opoinion regarding the Death Penalty, or Life in Prison. I have very mixed feelings, both Pro and Con regarding those issues. But tell me this; Should a sick bastard like Charles Manson be allowed to go up for parole every couple of years? I believe that people like him have absolutely no place back in our society! You just cannot rehabilitate certain animals!

Maybe life without parole is the answer, I just don't know.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103154
03/19/05 08:27 PM
03/19/05 08:27 PM
Thailand/Brazil
Vito The Godfather Offline
Underboss
Vito The Godfather  Offline
Underboss
Thailand/Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren8:
[QUOTE]It costs more to execute someone than to keep them alive in prison for life.
Really?

"It is the mind that makes someone wise or ignorant, slave or free."
Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103155
03/19/05 08:33 PM
03/19/05 08:33 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I am appalled at all these woman who are infatuated with this scumbag's looks! Proposals for marriage! What ignorance!
I think retarded is a better word than ignorant. They must be mentally or physically (or both) disabled, which would take ignorance out of the equation.

For a bit of probable controversy (and why not!?), who is to say that this guy deserves the death penalty more than, say, a guilty Michael Jackson?

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Judge Sentences Peterson to Death #103156
03/19/05 10:16 PM
03/19/05 10:16 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren8:
It costs more to execute someone than to keep them alive in prison for life.
That's a popular argument, but it's kind of twisted. It doesn't necessarily cost the state more. Sometimes it does, but it depends.

[Disclaimer]By the way, I'm not talking about other states, because it's different everywhere. So everything mentioned here is in regards to the state of California. I don't want someone from Texas refuting me by Texas's standards. And this isn't just because I don't know anything about any state other than California (even though I don't, really :p ) but it's also because the case we're talking about actually was in California. [/Disclaimer]

Anyway, that said: the cost of the chemicals and the actual execution itself doesn't cost very much at all. In fact, that costs a LOT less than keeping a prisoner alive for life. I don't have the numbers right now, but if I looked in some of my books, I could definitely find them. I know it costs about $30,000 to keep them alive in prison, give or take a few thousand dollars.

However, the part that costs millions is the trial. It's only at the trial level that you get these astronomical figures. I mean think about it. They give all these annual figures of how much it's costing. But they don't perform these executions on an annual basis, so it's not really parallel enough for an actual argument.

There are somewhere around 650 inmates on death row right now in California. However, from 1978 to the present, there have been only 11 executions. That really doesn't anything to do with the annual costs. So just keep that in mind; it's the trials that cost so much.

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Scott Peterson is likely to live to a ripe old age and die in prison.
I gotta agree with you, Apple. It's not like after the trial, they take the defendant out back and let the firing squad have their way with him. :rolleyes:
In fact, the shortest time an inmate has spent on death row before execution was 9 (almost 10) years. The most was almost 21 years. 20 years and 10 months, to be exact. I remember that one, because it took place this past January. On average, it's something like 15.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull