TO ME (AND TO SAVVY STREET GUYS) TRUE SUCCESS IN THAT LIFE IS DEFINED BY:

1) Earning power and lifestyle; The ability to earn big money, live very well, and accumulate enough wealth for the future so you don't need to work the streets like a common hoodlum.
2) The ability to earn without getting pinched and jailed every few years which completely disrupts life for you and your family. In other words, to stay in the shadows so you don't become notorious and a target of law enforcement.
3) To have enough brains and class to elevate yourself and your family from the streets, and to better your children and grandchildren lives for future generations.
4) To be able to enjoy your senior years without headaches everyday, and to ultimately die in the comfort of your own bed with your shoes off. Not in the gutter with two in the head, or in a damp jail cell.
5) To be remembered by your family, loved ones, and friends, with respect and admiration and loving memories. Not as a callous guy or stone killer who remorselessly hurt people all along the way in life.

THAT IS TRUE SUCCESS!

There were a decent number of fellas in different categories who accomplished most of these goals in their lives. But the few better known NYC bosses who fell into this category in my opinion include the iconic Frank Costello, Carlo Gambino, Jerry Catena, Joe Profaci, Joe Magliocco, and Tommy Lucchese.

There were many others too of course, especially in other cities and small towns who generally operated under the radar. But this was just off the top of my head.

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/26/22 04:20 AM.